Diane has dedicated her 35 year career to Understanding Kids from the Inside Out. Her unique and innovative programs reach beyond traditional treatment to heal the lives of children and families who have experienced trauma, complex emotional and behavioral disorders, or other developmental disruptions. Her programs have won numerous local and national awards. Diane is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Programs for Everyone!
Kids and Families
- Middle School Girls Group - Wednesdays, 5 - 6 pm
- High School Girls Group - Wednesdays, 6 - 7:30 pm
- COMING SOON: 8-10 year old boys group - Tuesdays, 4 - 5 pm
Serving Children, Youth and Adolescents, ages 5 through 17 years, young adults, parents, and their families with assessment, traditional therapy, group therapy, experiential therapies, individual therapy, family therapy and unique equine experiences.
Adoption Adjustment and Stabilization
Very few families are prepared for what may come with the adoption or guardianship of a child. For adoptive parents, they often have little background information and find themselves dealing with everything from seemingly maladaptive behaviors to cultural issues to RAD to ADHD to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome to neglect, abuse and/or other mental, genetic and medical concerns. Grandparents with Guardianship additionally must figure out how to be both parents and grandparents to children who have lost a parent or no longer have healthy relationships with parents.
Combining psychiatric, neuro-psychological, medical and mental health resources, this program can provide insight and understanding, successful parenting methods and child, parent and family support to enable adjustment and long-term stability.
Individual, Experiential, Play, Relationship, Family, Group and Equine-Assisted Therapies are all available to adoptive families.
COMING SOON for adoptive parents and guardians: Education and Support Group
Consultation and Training
- With School Personnel
- Workshops for Professionals and Parents
- Understanding Kids from the Inside Out
- Applications in Varied Treatment Models: For Professionals
- Applications in Care: For Foster and Adoptive Parents and Grandparents/Guardians
- Utilizing Development in Equine Mental Health Program
- Developming of an Equine Mental Health Model
For Equine Learning and Mental Health Professionals;
The Indiana Behavioral Health and Human Services Licensing Board has approved Diane A. Burks, LLC and Strides to Success to provide Category I Continuing Education for LSW, LCSW, LMFT, and LMHC. Licensees must judge the program’s relevance to their professional practice.
What You Need
Sessions are by appointment only, Tuesday through Thursday: 1:00 – 6:00pm and are 45-60 minutes. Intake forms can be accessed as PDFs below. Please bring all forms and your insurance card to your first appointment.
- Client Confidentiality Statement
- Client Intake - Adult (must be completed by ALL parents)
- Youth and Adolescent - Intake
(Parents with Joint Custody must both sign consent for treatment of a minor child. Both can sign the Intake form or use an additional Consent for Treatment form.)
- Financial Contract
- Insurance Information
- Consent for Treatment
- Authorization for Release of Confidential Information
- Change of Address
- Consent for Use of Credit Card
Payment Options for All!
- MasterCard, Visa, checks and cash are accepted for payment. (If paying by credit card, please complete form.)
- Payment is required following each session.
I accept these Insurance Companies. Medicare and Medicaid are not accepted.
- Pro Health
- Sagamore Please check your policy before scheduling. Clients are responsible for pre-certification, deductibles, co-insurance and co-payments. If you will be utilizing EAP benefits, please bring your authorization number.nified
- Value Options Please check your policy before scheduling. Clients are responsible for deductibles, co-insurance and co-payments.
What a Great Location
Welcome to this unique and serene 35 acre farm, hidden among homes, located near Hummel Park, and adjacent to Plainfield High School. Watch the horses as you drive up the lane to this huge barn that houses Strides to Success, equine staff, mental health professionals and 12 horses, Sparkplug the Donkey, and Little Bear the Dog.
Strides to Success is a premier PATH accredited equine learning and mental health facility. Partnered since 2003, Debbie Anderson, Strides’ Director, and Diane Burks developed the first equine mental health program to be accredited in the United States. Because horses are incredible, insightful and sensitive animals, they make great learning and therapeutic partners. We are extremely fortunate to have this renowned facility here in Plainfield, Indiana.
View Larger Map
Call 317-294-7691 (Confidential Voicemail)
1350 Terry Drive
Plainfield, Indiana 46168
Email: [email protected]